Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday

RAAM begins at 2pm, but it is not yet 6am. I've been up since four, trying to be thankful for the five hours of sleep I received. My body is craving more rest, but I get what I get.

Time, time, time...
It's all about time for the 20 of us right now. When will I ride, sleep, eat, be in the minvan, be in the Ark or RV? What's the order of riders? How long will I ride for each time? 30 minutes? Less? More?
We have some plans laid out for each of these questions, but inevitably the plans will bend and flex for every reason imaginable.
I'm knee deep in the 14th verse and following of the Bible.
"And God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.'. And it was so.

God's time is so simple and if I flow with it, God gives me the commands of when to work and when to rest, to bike, to eat, and where to be. As Nick Drake says in the song Pink Moon, "set me down and give me a place to be."

My place to be is across America the next eight days. Praise to you, creator of the universe.

No comments: