Friday, October 7, 2011

lament to sunshine


When the truth is
I miss you
a hillside for hunting
off to the left
Come on in
I’ve gotta tell you what a state I’m in

Today, I run the road from Drogheda
wet from a hard rain, but not anymore
now sun is over the horizon at my left
and I sink to 6:30s
why not, for I’m tired but Coldplay works
plays
sings
through the fatigue
I’d do well to do just the same
I envision them playing at Slane Castle
It is nearby, but I am not going
touristy things are not on my list
I have been to Open Farm and down to Duleek Quarry
stopped at the bridge
over the railroad tracks
watched the tractors
churn the earth
while birds seek the afterbirth
of the newly delivered
soil turned over
I’ve seen the way these people live—mostly farmers
it is what I came for.

Check out: http://www.rossnaree.ie/ 
I wrote from the second story of this building looking out over the River Boyne and her lush green pastures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rsctt said...

like!

http://wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com