Sunday, September 23, 2012

more to lament on the trail



I want to go on record as saying I will not stand for some of what is happening on the American Tobacco Trail.  I say this sort of thing around my house all the time and it usually works.  I yell and raise my voice.  I stand very close to someone over whom I possess an enormous height advantage.  It usually works.  I don’t know what I will do next, but at my house, I know it is something.  Take away privileges.   Yell louder.  I don’t know.
I feel the same way about the American Tobacco Trail this summer.
I want to commend Ginny Mueller for fighting for her life.  She stood up to her attacker or better, punched her attacker in the face.  This is the right time to take life by force and be thankful that we are shown the way of protection.

I cry out to the LORD with Psalm 142

psalm 142:3
With my voice I cry out to the Lord;
    with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord.
I pour out my complaint before him;
    I tell my trouble before him.

When my spirit faints within me,
    you know my way!
In the path where I walk
    they have hidden a trap for me.
Look to the right and see:
    there is none who takes notice of me;
no refuge remains to me;
    no one cares for my soul I cry to you, O Lord;
    I say, “You are my refuge,
    my portion in the land of the living.”
Attend to my cry,
    for I am brought very low!
Deliver me from my persecutors,
    for they are too strong for me!
Bring me out of prison,
    that I may give thanks to your name! 
The righteous will surround me
for you will deal bountifully with me.
 


No comments: